An administrative clerk is responsible for a variety of duties, with an emphasis on organizational responsibilities. Scheduling, processing activity from accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and other office-related tasks are handled by administrative clerks.
Apply For Administrative Support, Click Here.
The Labor Skills and Immigration (LSI) Immigration and Population Growth Branch (IPG) has a significant mandate. We are in charge of bringing in, integrating, and keeping new residents in our province. We make decisions every day that affect the lives of people who choose to live in Nova Scotia, so our work has an impact on both a macro and micro level. We help businesses succeed and our population grows. We are constantly evolving as a small but passionate team to ensure that we meet the needs of the province.
By supporting individuals to live, learn, and work to the fullest, LSI strives to ensure that every Nova Scotian enjoys fairness, security, and prosperity. More than 500 people work for us from offices located all over Nova Scotia. Safety, labor standards, apprenticeships, immigration, population growth, and numerous other aspects of daily life are all our collective responsibility.
Apply For Mailroom Clerk, Click Here
Administrative Clerk Opportunity:
You work under general supervision as the Administrative Clerk, completing assignments of intermediate complexity in terms of depth of analysis and using your own judgment. You will have a solid understanding of the department’s procedures, rules, acts, and regulations. Various administrative and clerical tasks associated with the office’s day-to-day operations are carried out by the Administrative Clerk.
The Director of Strategic Policy oversees this position.
Administrative Clerk Job Primary Accountabilities:
- Bolsters the four Directors of the IPG, including:
- Meetings are scheduled and kept up to date;
- HR processes are supported; Directors’ travel and lodging are booked;
- The four divisions’ purchasing is managed;
- Budget expenditures are analyzed and reports on budgets are written.
- Maintains a filing system of original source documents for audit and other legal or organizational requirements.
- Works with internal clients or external sources to resolve non-routine queries and problems.
- Prepares letters, memoranda, and reports for approval, while following up on pending issues.
- Works with the more technical aspects of work or troubleshoots work issues handled by junior clerks.
- Coordinates with support services and assigns short-term tasks to others when necessary.
Administrative Clerk Job Qualifications and Experience:
You should have at least a grade 11 and four years of relevant experience to be the ideal candidate. It might be acceptable to have training and experience that are comparable. You are a self-motivated individual who performs well both independently and collaboratively, and you place a high value on equity, diversity, and inclusion in all work settings. You will be able to cultivate positive and professional relationships with members of both governmental and non-governmental organizations, both internally and externally.
You have strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills, as well as proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power-Point programs from Microsoft. Additionally, you have excellent keyboarding skills that are highly accurate.
Administrative Clerk Job Benefits:
The Government of Nova Scotia provides its employees with a wide range of benefits, including health, dental, life insurance, pension, general illness (short and long term), vacation, and employee and family assistance programs, depending on their employment status and the Union agreement. To learn more about our various benefits and eligibility requirements, please click here.
- Normal work week is 35 hours/week, 7 hours/day
- May be required to work overtime on occasion
What We Offer:
- Career Development where you can get career advice, resources, tools, and ongoing training for every stage of your career
- Engaging workplace: We have a plethora of career paths, department-specific flexible working schedules, forward-thinking policies, and strategies,
- our employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in.
How to Apply For Administrative Clerk Jobs 2023?
- Candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements can submit applications online at the official website.
- Applications that have been submitted online at Click Here will be the only ones considered during the selection process.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- For an interview, only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
- TA/DA will not cover the interview and test.
Apply for Customer Experience Associate, Click Here