The Administrative Support Assistant assists with a wide range of academic or administrative units’ general administrative tasks, such as taking calls, greeting and directing visitors, customers, employees, or others, compiling records, scheduling meetings, and organizing.
Administrative Support Job Description:
Immigration and Settlement Services
Are you looking for a career that gives you satisfaction and has the potential to improve the lives of others? As a member of our Administrative Support team, you can apply your love of working with newcomers to a rewarding opportunity with Catholic Social Services!
We’re looking for a full-time Administrative Support/Receptionist who can work 40 hours per week!
You will be joining a reputable organization that has been around for a long time and is guided by faith to treat people in need with dignity, compassion, and respect and provide them with hope. Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with over 1,900 employees and hundreds of volunteers delivering more than 130 programs throughout Central Alberta. The organization has been providing services for more than 50 years.
“As a Catholic social services organization, we are guided by faith to treat people in need with humility, compassion, and respect and to offer them hope.”
Administrative Support Job Responsibility:
You will be responsible for coordinating front-desk activities and providing administrative assistance to the entire Immigration and Settlement Service (ISS) office as a member of the Admin Support team. Among the duties are, but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome visitors, employees, volunteers, and clients as they enter the office, and then direct them in the right direction.
- Inform both in person and over the phone or via email.
- Screen, forward, and answer incoming calls; take messages and send them.
- proficiently utilize a variety of telecommunications systems (phone; paging; Teams MS; etc.).
- Complete database entries and manage records (such as recording client arrivals in ShareVision; preserving the filing system; modifying the phone book for staff members; etc.).
- Sort, distribute, and receive daily mail and deliveries; prepare incoming mail for delivery or pickup by courier; arrange delivery by courier; etc.
- Maintain office security by monitoring and operating the intercom system; keeping an eye on people as they enter and leave the building; distributing visitor badges and passes when required; observing and notifying any activities that appear suspicious; managing emergencies; etc.).
- As needed, perform clerical tasks like making copies; faxing; filing; repairing office equipment and letting others know about any problems; managing the ordering of office supplies; managing small cash, for example).
- Ensure that the reception area and all common areas are always neat, tidy, and presentable.
- By adhering to the safety procedures and protocols established by the Agency, you can ensure that the building is a secure environment.
- As needed, perform any other related or ad hoc administrative tasks.
Administrative Support Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in an administrative capacity and a certificate, diploma, or degree in office administration (or its equivalent).
- The ideal candidate will be committed to building positive relationships and possess strong teamwork skills.
- proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite Knowledge of other computer programs and databases used by the Agency, such as ShareVision and Microsoft Teams, is an advantage.
- practical experience and knowledge of office equipment (such as telephones and paging systems; printers; fax devices; Intercom; etc.).
- excellent communication, teamwork, and customer service skills.
- professionalism, discretion, and diplomacy at a high level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to different needs and awareness of them.
- Excellent skills in time management, multitasking, and organization, as well as the ability to rank tasks.
- An advantage is proficiency in a language other than English.
- The conditions of employment and the candidate’s financial responsibility are the Police Information Check, which includes a search of the vulnerable sector, as well as the Intervention Record Check.
Administrative Support Job Benefits:
The salary for this position is based on experience and qualifications, starting at $20.31.
When eligible, flexible benefit options.
Work for an organization that values teamwork and collaboration, where you can see your impact every day and hear your ideas.
Opportunities for growth: Within a dynamic, innovative, and expanding Agency that is taking the lead in our industry, put your skills to use and develop them.
How to Apply For Administrative Support Jobs 2023?
- Candidates who meet the aforementioned requirements can submit applications online at the official website.
- Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca, quoting the competition number 3373. We thank all applicants.
- Contact will only be made to those who have been chosen for an interview.
- Applications that have been submitted online at
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- For an interview, only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.