What are they up to? General Issuing Clerk work In accordance with established procedures, general office support workers prepare correspondence, reports, statements, and other material, operate office equipment, answer phones, verify, record, and process forms and documents like contracts and requisitions, and perform general clerical duties.
General Issuing Clerk Job Description:
Are you customer-focused and enjoy interacting with the general public? You will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients to process International Registration Plan (IRP) applications and documents in order to improve road user safety in this high-volume front-line customer service environment.
Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism Commitment of OPS:
We are committed to cultivating a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, merit-based, respectful, and equitable workplace as well as a workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as individuals from a wide range of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions, to apply.
To learn more about the OPS’s commitment to advancing racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service, visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages.
In accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code, we provide accommodations for employment throughout the recruitment process and throughout employment. If you need an accommodation for a disability, see the “How to Apply” section.
General Issuing Clerk Jobs Details:
|Compensation Group:||Ontario Public Service Employees Union|
|Location||1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 138 Hope St N, Port Hope, East Region, Criminal Record Check|
|Salary||$26.15–$30.48 an hour|
|Job Type||Full Time – Permanent|
|Qualification||High School Graduate|
|Category:||Administrative and Support Services|
General Issuing Clerk Job Role:
In this role, you will:
- Process a variety of transactions related to the International Registration Plan (IRP), calculate and collect fees for Ontario,
- Other ministries, and other IRP jurisdictions, provide professional service to all clients and stakeholders,
- And provide accurate and timely information when responding to a high volume of public and various client groups inquiries.
General Issuing Clerk Jobs Eligibility:
Skills in Customer Service and Communication
- You can provide excellent customer service and communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- You can consult with staff to provide clients with accurate information.
- You can effectively address complaints from customers.
General Issuing Clerk Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
- You are able to interpret and apply legislation, policies, and practices (such as the Highway Traffic Act).
- You are able to research, evaluate, and analyze documents for accuracy, authenticity, and compliance.
- You can resolve client issues and assist with document completion.
General Issuing Clerk Skills:
- You have the ability to calculate and collect appropriate fees,
- calculate revenue balances, and prepare documents for daily bank deposits.
- You are proficient with computer and office software and have data entry skills.
- The top candidates may be subjected to a security screening check in accordance with the Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP) of the Ontario Public Service (OPS). Take a look at the preceding to determine the screening requirements for this position.
- The Transition and Security Office (TSO), Corporate Talent Programs Branch, and Talent and Leadership Division will evaluate the results of the required security screening checks with your written consent. With your written consent, the TSO may request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that you did not directly request.
- You are not automatically ineligible for the position if you have a criminal code or other federal offence record. The TSO will be the only person who will look over and evaluate the employment screening checks in order to decide whether or not to grant a security clearance. The specifics of a person’s employment screening checks will be looked at in relation to the responsibilities of the position that needs to be filled. The TSO will keep records of employment screening checks and keep them strictly confidential.
How to Apply For General Issuing Clerk Jobs 2023?
- Apply online only. Click Here
- The combined length of your resume and cover letter should not exceed five (5) pages.
- Review the article “Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tools and Tips for Concise Cover Letters and Resumes” for helpful advice. Resources, Tools, and Tips
- Your cover letter and resume should be tailored to the job ad’s requirements. You must demonstrate, with specific examples, how you met the job requirements. We rely on the data that you give us.
- Make sure you comprehend this position by reading the job description.
- When applying, OPS employees are required to provide their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number.
- Please contact us with your contact information if you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process. Within 48 hours, the recruitment services team will contact you.