A professional who organizes and distributes mail among a company’s departments is known as a Mailroom clerk. They get it from postal workers and sort it by category before having it delivered or picked up, depending on the needs of the company; Additionally, they provide individual pieces.
Mailroom Clerk Job Description:
Do you believe in and care about doing excellent work? Don’t miss your chance to work as a mailroom clerk for The North West Company (NWC).
When you join NWC, you’ll have access to a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the chance to advance in the company and be a part of a diverse and dynamic culture.
In the following regions, NWC is a leading retailer in rural communities and urban neighborhood markets that are not well served: Western Canada, rural Alaska, the Caribbean, the South Pacific, and northern Canada With a focus on food, our stores offer a wide range of goods and services. Our goal is to be the best local option for everyday household and lifestyle needs through our value offer. For more details, visit northwest.ca.
Mailroom Clerk Jobs Details:
|Compensation Group:||The North West Company|
|Location:||Gibraltar House 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB, Canada|
|Job Type:||Full Time – Permanent|
|Qualification:||High School Graduate|
|Category:||Administrative and Support Services|
|Reports to:||Manager, Print & Mail Services|
Mailroom Clerk Job Role:
- Ship to specific destinations as specified and receive all mail from couriers/head office personnel;
- Ensuring that employees provide the correct information and forms for shipment processing;
- Sort and open mail before distributing it to the appropriate department; Prepare mail and packages for all stores, make labels for Express Post, arrange for various packages and items to be shipped with outside couriers and carriers, track shipments, and provide information for shipping inquiries; Keep records and paperwork for follow-up and tracking purposes. Internally, when asked, deliver water cases and papers;
- Cleaning the shipping area, mailroom, and envelope room on a daily basis; envelope space that must always be stocked;
- Keep spreadsheets that show how much stock there is for the mailroom and the envelopes. Make sure that all of the equipment in the mailroom works right and is taken care of.
- Special projects may necessitate occasional requests for overtime. Other duties as assigned
Mailroom Clerk Job Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines is essential.
- General office experience is an asset. for Mailroom Clerk Job.
- Computer literacy and experience with MS Office are required. ability to adapt to any new tasks that come in;
- A keen eye for detail while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Highly motivated with strong organizational and prioritizing skills Must be able to sort, distribute, and deliver mail. Experience with mail sorting and postage meter machines is a plus.
- Must be able to lift packages, boxes, and tubs of mail that weigh at least 40 lbs throughout the day. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Frequently required to stoop, bend, and kneel. This position requires a lot of lifting and standing for long periods of time throughout the day.
- A team player friendly, polite, and willing to go above and beyond to complete the task at hand Integrity, adaptability, and initiative are expected.
The North West Company is a multinational grocery and retail company based in Canada. It operates stores in Canada’s western provinces and northern territories, as well as Alaska, Hawaii, and a number of other countries and US territories in Oceania and the Caribbean, as well as the states of the United States.
How to Apply For Mailroom Clerk Jobs 2023?
For Internal Applicants Only:
- The deadline to submit an online application for internal positions is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2023. The answer to the question “Are you currently employed by The North West Company or any of its subsidiaries?” must be “Yes” for internal applicants. during the process of applying.
- Externally, positions will be advertised; However, internal candidates’ qualifications will be taken into consideration first. External candidates who meet the requirements for this position are encouraged to submit applications to NWC employees.
- NOTE: Before an internal employee can be considered for opportunities, they must obtain a written endorsement email from their current or previous manager and provide it to the recruitment team prior to applying. The Corporate Job Posting Guidelines are followed when posting this position.