This website Apply for Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs ,This position serves as the Mayor’s Office’s first point of contact and collaborates closely with the City Clerk’s reception desk to manage Mayor’s Office guests. For the Mayor’s Office, this position handles inquiries and concerns from citizens. Additionally, the position is responsible for a variety of confidential administrative tasks.
Go to meetings; assemble agendas and other paperwork; keep minutes and take notes about what was done; and as needed, distribute information to staff members who need it. Perform a wide range of general clerical tasks, including filing, data processing, dictation/transcribing, and record keeping. the works of Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs,
On behalf of the Mayor, carrying out executive administrative tasks, including public relations duties. managing the Office of the Mayor’s day-to-day operations. serving as a liaison between the Mayor, community organizations, and the general public.
The Manager of Mayor and Council Support is the person in charge of this position. Councillors, assistants to councillors, the City Manager’s Office, city staff, external agencies, other levels of government, and the general public are all important contacts.
Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs About Compnay:
Vancouver has pledged to become a City of Reconciliation and is situated on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded lands of the xwmkwym (Musqueam), swxw7mesh (Squamish), and slilwata (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples. Vancouver strives to become the world’s greenest city and consistently ranks among the world’s most liveable cities. The City of Vancouver, which has been ranked among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, is looking for colleagues who can help shape and embody our fundamental commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity, and providing an exceptional quality of life for all of our residents.
Take into consideration joining our dedicated staff and contributing to an innovative, inclusive, and rewarding workplace.
Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs Details:
City of Vancouver
|Salary Grade:||Pay Grade RNG-030: $52,048 to $65,059 per year|
|Job Type:||Full Time – Permanent|
|Qualification:||High School Graduate|
|Category:||Administrative and Support Services|
|Reports to:||Manager, Print & Mail Services|
Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- takes care of guests for the Mayor and staff;
- responds to calls and in-person inquiries from citizens;
- manages the Mayor’s email and voicemail accounts outside the office;
- Mail and distribution are carried out in accordance with scans and VanDocs, an electronic filing system;
- composes greetings for groups commemorating a milestone or special occasion;
- assembles letters of thanks for important birthdays and anniversaries;
- responds to requests for meetings, greetings, and scans, tracks, and
- adheres to office policy when preparing proclamations and communicating with applicants;
- manages the flow of inquiries to and from the Mayor’s Office,Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs;
- ensures that responses are completed promptly and that items, inquiries, and complaints are followed up on as needed;
- monitors the Mayor’s and Council’s correspondence queue and locates and addresses issues related to the Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs,
- drafts responses to regular correspondence from the Mayor;
- keeps track of correspondence statistics and compiles them;
- liable for the Mayor’s Office’s regular Freedom of Information requests;
- arranges for deliveries and pick-up by courier;
- accountable for purchasing and maintaining the Mayor’s office’s food and beverage supplies, as well as office supplies;
- caters office events and meetings through a variety of external suppliers;
- prepares invoices for approval and time entry for political staff;
- complies with the City’s record management system in the creation, organization, and upkeep of the Mayor’s Office’s comprehensive filing system;
- As the Departmental Record Coordinator (DRC) for the Deputy Directors, ensures that records management procedures are followed and manages the annual transfer of records to archives; and any other duties or responsibilities entrusted to them
Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Experience and Education:
a degree in business administration or a field related to it, as well as at least three years of administrative experience working with senior management or a combination of education and experience
Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad information on office practices and techniques;
- Capacity to convey successfully orally and recorded as a hard copy;
- Capacity to work freely and take care of issues;
- Have a quiet, delicate and courteous disposition;
- Capacity to practice extensive judgment and circumspection;
- Capacity to bargain thoughtfully and actually with general society;
- Capacity to practice circumspection and manage delicate and classified data;
- Capacity to focus on and arrange work, handle numerous tasks and comply with time constraints;
- Capacity to work in a high volume climate with regular interferences and evolving needs;
- Capacity to fabricate and keep up with successful working connections across the association and work cooperatively in a group climate;
- Capacity to oversee and adjust to change;
- Has superb relational and relational abilities including a successful information on right accentuation, syntactic use and a far reaching jargon for planning of business letters, reports and explanations;
- Capable in the utilization PC programs including word-handling, bookkeeping sheets, data sets, email and planning programs;
- Have a strong comprehension of the City’s association structure;
- Have a functioning information on SAP and VanDocs would be a resource.
How to Apply For Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023?
At the City of Vancouver, we are focused on selecting a different labor force that addresses the local area we so gladly serve. Apply for Mayor’s Office Administrative Assistant Jobs postion. Native candidates, minorities, all sexes, 2SLGBTQ+ and people with handicaps are urged to apply. Facilities will be given upon demand during the choice interaction. Look further into our obligation to variety and incorporation.
Before you click Apply now
When you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, but kindly make sure to present your profile to the particular work order before the posting shutting date.
As well as transferring your introductory letter and resume, some portion of the application cycle might incorporate responding to application questions connected with the favored necessities of the job which might take approx. 5-10mins. Introductory letters ought to communicate interest and feature extra data pertinent to the position and continues ought to incorporate a fitted outline of abilities and experience connected with the position.